I’m a big fan of sours, so on March 5th when Tørst did bottle pours of sours from Pizza Boy and Intangible Ales I rushed to the bar to make sure to get myself some samples.
Pizza Boy Brewing Co is a brewery from Enola, Pennsylvania and Intangible Ales is their sister brewery. All of you that has been to Tørst has probably seen Sour Bikini which is a collaboration between Evil Twin and Intagible Ales. I love that beer!
So, the beers that they were pouring exclusively at the bar were:
From left to right:
- Eternal Sunshine by Pizza Boy. A delightful hoppy sour ale. Probably the “easiest” of them all.
- Future Primitive by Intangible Ales. A super funky 100% Brett Farmhouse pale ale. Barnyard!
- Golden Sour by Pizza Boy. A wild ale aged in white wine barrels with lemon zest.
- Abascio-Cell-Pinot Grigio by Pizza Boy. A wild ale aged in white wine barrels.
- Abascio-Cell-Zinfandel. A wild ale aged in red wine barrels.
And the winner is… Golden Sour! It was my favorite. It had a dry finish and a balanced sourness which made it very drinkable. The lemon zests gave it a nice fruity caracter. The Abascio-Cell on Zindafel was a beauty too, almost like drinking red wine, except super sour.
I can highly recommend Pizza Boy and Intangibles Ales and am already planning a trip to the brewery. 🙂